Bleaching your hair is stylish ,screams out vogue and adds to your personality. However it calls for giving your bleached hair extra special attention.
Maintain that bleached hair!
Bleaching your hair can be one of the most damaging things you ever do to your hair. There is the possibility of your hair turning rough and straw-like. So you have to take extra care of it. There have been enough cases of damaging hair completely everytime someone has gone blonde. Here are some tips to maintain bleached hair –
- Find the right man -It is very important to go to a hairstylist who is a thorough professional. If you go to the right man, the process does not have to be damaging to your hair. Do some research , read his blog, follow his website. Doing the deed yourself might be economical but you might have to pay a price if anything goes wrong, so why take chances?
- Conditioning -Use good reputed products for a hair mask. Look them up on the website and consult a few people or a professional. Your stylist can also help you in this regard. Bleached hair requires extra conditioning so using a normal conditioner will not serve the purpose. If you use a conditioner, make sure it is a deep conditioner , leave it in for some time so that it reaches the right places.
- Shampooing -Washing your hair everyday will dry out your hair even more. Avoid doing that. Go without washing for however long as you can.
- Stay away from heat -Avoid curling irons, straighteners completely. The only heat you are allowed to use on your hair is that of a blow-dryer.
- Oiling – Grandma knew her stuff when she oiled your hair in childhood. A simple coconut or an olive oil can work wonders in treating your hair after the damaging effects of bleaching your hair.
- Avoid tangles – Tangles are bad but they are worse for bleached hair. You have to make sure you treat your hair gently when you are brushing it. One good way to avoid tangles is to tie it before going to sleep. Also you can keep your hair till a certain length to avoid any more mess.
- Proper diet – Nothing works better than a proper diet which cures from within. A diet rich in protein, Biotin, OMEGA 3 and lots of fish can work wonders.