Smokey eyed look is everywhere, it is sexy, glamorous and makes your eyes pop out. Celebrities love it , so do we!
Get the Perfect Smokey-Eyed Look
Smokey eyes have been around for quite some time now and they are still in vogue. It is like this trend is not going to fade out anytime soon! They are a favorite with the ladies because they make your eyes captivating and add oomph to your whole look. We love the smokey eyed look because it is simple and easy , anyone can try it out at home without professional help.
- Step 1 – Start by applying concealer or foundation all over the top lid as well as under your eyes. Choose a light shade for this purpose.
- Step 2– Apply liner on both your upper and lower lids. The line on the upper lid should ideally be thin. For underneath the eyes, you can start halfway and go sideways till the ends instead of lining the entire rim. This also makes your eyes look bigger. If you are not comfortable using a brush, use a pencil. They are easier to use.
- Step 3- The key to perfect smokey eyes is proper blending. Using a small shadow brush or a cotton tip , blend in the liner.
- Step 4 – Use a light shade of grey or silver for the lower part of the lid and the inner, bottom parts . You can also use white for the inner parts of the lower rim. This make your eyes look bigger and brighter.
- Step 5 – Use a neutral shade for the part of the eyelid right under your brows and brush them in an inside outward motion into your eyebrow. You can use a wet/dry brush for this.
- Step 6- This is the most important step to create the dramatic smokey-eyed look. Use a dark eye shadow , it can be black or gray . Brush the shadow along the crease upto the middle of your lid. Continue applying eyeshadow under the crease.
- Step 7 – You can add more drama and colour by blending in shades of purple or gray.
- Step 8 – Chances are that while applying eyeshadow, you will sprinkle some on your lashes as well. This is why you should go for mascara in the end. Using mascara completes the look, making your lashes thicker and longer.