Are you afraid of stepping out in sunlight and feel that sunscreen is not working for you. The problem is not sunscreen that shields you from sun but the way to apply it. Maximum damage to skin is caused by ultra violet rays coming from the sun. To deal with it you should know how sunscreen can work efficiently on your skin. Follow the simple steps whenever you step out in sun as they will definitely help you to protect your skin:
1. Always select a sunscreen with SPF 15 or above as it helps to protect your skin from sunburn. Choose one which can block both UVA and UVB rays.
2. Shake the bottle well before use, as it will ensure proper mixing of the content in the bottle.
3. Apply a larger amount of sunscreen on all the body parts that will be exposed to the sun. An adult should use at least 1 ounce of the lotion to cover the skin well.
4. Always apply sunscreen at least 25 to 30 minutes before exposing yourself to sunlight.
5. Sunscreen works well when it is applied in the required amount and covers those parts of the skin which is exposed to sun.
1. To reapply sunscreen at regular intervals.
2. Apply sunscreen liberally.
3. If you are using sunscreen regularly than discontinuing it can damage your skin while you are out in sun.
4. Sun rays are very intense from 10 am to 4 pm. Donât expose your skin to sunlight without sunscreen, as it could harm your skin.
The risk of UV rays damaging the skin is becoming higher with the reduction in the thickness of the ozone layer. It is very essential to save our skin from these harmful radiations and proper use of sunscreen decreases the chances of sunburn. So, always remember to apply sunscreen when you are exposed sunlight.