As much as it is important to maintain a Healthy lifestyle by following a good regime, it is equally important to ensure that you take all the necessary precautions to prevent your skin and hair from being damaged. Whether it is grooving to the moves of your Zumba music, pumping up iron, or just a simple treadmill workout, the one thing that is a concern is your hair.
The pre and post gym hair care is essential
While exercising it is natural that you will end up being sweaty. However, in the bargain of shedding of those extra calories or maintaining your body fitness you may be damaging your hair, as it does not become practical to wash it every day.
The dried sweat can leave your hair lifeless and dull, it can also make yourself feel very easy and eventually you may develop a dandruff problem. Well now with these simple tips you can ensure that you take care of your hair even while you work out.
- Tie your hair instead of letting them lose. This is the best way to take care of your hair while exercising. It ensures that the edges of your hair do not catch on the Sweat.
- Opt for ponytails and French twist heartbreak hairstyles to maintain the beauty of your hair even while working out. Another perfect option for a good hairstyle in the gym would be the fishtail braid.
- If you tie your hair up in a ponytail, make sure that you use band, which have soft rubber so that you do not damage your hair.
- To prevent your hair from frizzing out, you can protect the hair ends by applying some hair serum or oil. This will not only help to lock in the moisture but also form a protective coating for your hair. It will also help to prevent your hair from getting brittle or dry.
- Another option as a replacement for hair serum would be to use coconut oil. It prevents your scalp from any damage and protects the hair follicles from getting clogged due to the dirt and sweat while working out. This is also perfect way to give your hair the nourishment that they need on a daily basis.
- While working out on a mat, you can absorb the extra moisture from your hair by using a towel.
- To wash out the Sweat and dirt from your head it is advisable to wash them with plain water.
- Avoid using shampoos and conditioners everyday as they can damage your scalp as well as reduced the natural moisture on your scalp. It is advisable to shampoo and condition your hair every two or three days. Once you have washed your hair, avoid using a hair dryer. Let your hair dry naturally.
Since you want to prevent your hair from being damaged while you are working out, here are a few recommended hairstyle that can help you look good even when you work out. These hairstyles also help to protect your hair and prevent them from being damaged.
- The ponytail
The ponytail is the easiest and quickest way to start exercising. It is advisable try it mid-length instead of scalp touching pony. This will help to keep your hair in place as well as prevent ends from touching to the Sweat. The reason a mid length ponytail is advisable is because that keeps your hair a little loose near the scalp.
- The bun
Another perfect hairstyle for the gym would be the bun. If you plan to use this style, make sure that you do not use any hair gels or too many accessories you keep your bun in place.
Hairstyles that can never go wrong braids are very comfortable and can make you look stylish. From French plats two fishtail braids or even combining a braid with a bun style, you can still protect your hair and look good at the same time.