London Fashion Week AW18 presented a dynamic display of vibrancy that we’re not saving for fall. Ashish put on a rainbow-splashed show as always; Shrimps worked with a bright red base permeated with lemon and powder blue; and Halpern served up striking oranges, teal and hot pink.
But the tone that stole the whole show was purple. Lilac, lavender, and grey misty hues dominated the runways. Last December, Pantone declared that their Color of the Year 2018 was to be Ultra Violet – a deep, full shade they describe as “dramatically provocative and thoughtful”.
So, dig out your wardrobe’s rainbow brights, and dare to wear regal purples as the signature color of 2018.
High street stores and fashion houses alike are currently stocked full of vivid brights. Tis the season to be bold – do so by embracing clashing separates, rainbow-striped garments of any kind, and experiment with yellow. The key this spring is not to stop at one bright color: the fashion shows and clothes stores are pushing clashing colors and pulling off multiple loud shades per outfit.
If you’re an ‘all black everything’ kind of person usually, deep purple is here to lift your wardrobe in a way you can deal with. Purple knits are essential transitional pieces to keep you warm from winter through to May-time, when you can hopefully shelve them for something cooler!
The great thing about investing in statement purple pieces now is that they will see you through the entire calendar – Ultra Violet is here to stay until December ends.
If you’re still not feeling ditching your monochrome wardrobe, colorful accessories are here to help you out.
- Pastel-colored mini bags – like clutches and camera bags – are perfect for weekend adventures and nights out.
- Bright shoes lift any outfit.
- Statement earrings – particularly the popular tassel and pom-pom styles of the moment – are sticking firmly in fashion throughout spring.
- Don’t forget your tech. Eye-catching patterned cases help you show your style when you otherwise can’t; like when you’re wearing work uniform. Find your new iPhone case with Casely, a brand that stocks amazing signature iPhone cases in mermaid metallic, floral, and block colorways.
- Ride the lilac trend in the same ways. Look out for a lot of purple accessories coming through after worldwide fashion weeks end.
Playing with our appearances, as ever, doesn’t just stop with garments. New makeup is a cheap and easy way to switch up your look without having to splash on entire new outfits. We’ve done our spring trend research, and these are the top 3 makeup looks everyone is talking about:
- Imperfectly applied bright blue eyeshadow was awash across the catwalks in London. Elle advises being “painterly” and imperfect with your application – adding that “if it’s wrong, it’s right”. Splash on vivid colors without thinking too much – no beyond-perfect, Instagram-precision polishingnecessary here.
- ‘Grunge glitter’ was equally as nonchalantly applied. Clumped and smeared embellishments framed faces and even hands and hair throughout Fashion Week, in red, green and silver tones – perfect for trying out at an upcoming concert or night out you’ve planned.
- Creative eyeliner is the next big thing. Smudged kohl is back, and modern cat-eye flicks have been reinvented into abstract block lines circling the lid crease or with softened edges, redefining the knife-edge point of old. And, as is our mantra this season, don’t just stick to black – colored liquid eyeliner is a thing.
Is it just us who switches up our homeware according to fashion trends…? A new couch throw and cushions in the season’s in-color helps your home stay as stylish as you are.
Find coordinating candles, kitchenware, duvet covers, rugs, coasters… anything that will instantly update your home environment without spending big bucks on replacing your furniture.
Wall prints are also a homeware staple of the moment – adorn your walls with framed prints from favorite artists, or even whip out your paint set and have a go at creating an original yourself.
Article Submitted By Community Writer