Darker skin has its own benefits of sun protection and less wrinkles, but it is too sensitive to laser therapies, microdermabrasion, chemical formulations, surgical applications and even cosmetics. Certain skin treatments are reported to lead a person with dark skin to keloids, hyper and hypopigmentation, moles and bumps.
An article lists out tips to tackle dark skin:
1. Use alcohol free cleansers.
2. Cleanse your skin daily to clear it from grime and cosmetics.
3. Certain chemicals that you should avoid are alcohol, dye, fragrances etc.
4. Do not cleanse your skin at regular intervals as it might lead to dryness.
5. Avoid harsh laser treatments or chemical peels.
6. Exfoliate your skin daily.