Always wondered how to get that sexy tousled hair style sported by celebs? Well, it’s not as hard as you think it is. With a few tips and tricks, you can recreate a sexy tousled hairstyle within the confines of your home. In addition to looking completely natural, your hairstyle would definitely grab the attention of your boyfriends who would ask which salon you went to.
You can get this done in two ways. The first method is more of a salon based approach and would require some time, effort and patience from your end to perfect (the end results would be amazing though).
The second method would be more of a laid back approach and is more suitable for those who don’t have the time to sit down and work on their hair patiently. Although it does not guarantee perfect results, it would give you near-perfect results with repeated attempts.
Method 1: The Salon Style Approach
If you want to create a sexy, tousled look and have some amount of time on your hands, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Pin up your hair at the top of your head. You need to work from underneath to achieve the look. Gently remove a small section of hair near the nape of your neck and twist it around a curling tong.
Note: Leave about 3 inches of hair near the root and wrap the rest of it in a tight curl around the tong from the bottom to the tip.
- Hold the tong in this position for a few seconds (no more than 7 sec) and slide the now curled hair off it.
Note: Remember that you are dealing with a very hot instrument that can literally burn your hair. So stick to the rules. If it says no more than 7 sec, it means no more than 7 seconds. Anything longer than that could damage your hair beyond repair.
- Repeat the same procedure on separate sections of your hair, working from underneath. When you have covered the entire scalp, you would be left with a bunch of tight curls.
- Use your fingers to gently pull out the tight curls, making them look relaxed and tousled. Again work from underneath your hair to get all the curls.
- Once you have created the tousled look, you would need to keep it in place. Use a lightweight hair spray to hold the relaxed curls in place. A heavy product (usually those that contain oils and waxes) would weigh down the curls and make them look flat. Don’t use too much hair spray as well as doing so could also cause the curls to straighten out and become limp.
Method 2: The Laidback Approach
Don’t have enough time on your hands to get the look? Try this method instead!
- Wash your hair with shampoo and apply a good amount of conditioner afterwards. Leave the conditioner on the hair for about 10 minutes and rinse it out just before finishing your bath.
- Wrap a towel around your hair and leave it untouched for 2-3 minutes.
- Twist your hair with the towel as you remove the latter.
- Tie your hair up in a twisty bun and leave it for about 5 minutes.
- Untie the bun and flip your hair forward (over) and use a mousse to scrunch the individual strands upwards (towards the scalp).
- Continue doing this until your hair starts to look tousled.
- Now flip the hair back and check out your tousled look in the mirror.