If you are very conscious about hair care then coloring them with natural products like henna is the best option. It makes your hair look shiny and perfect while conditioning them well. Henna is derived from natural products obtained from a shrub that has been used as dye since ages. The advantage of using this natural hair care product in dying is that it doesnât harm the hair. Unlike chemicals, it conditions the hair without damaging it.
1. Henna powder (depending upon the hair length)
2. Lemon juice
3. Plastic gloves
4. A shower cap
5. Brush (to apply henna on hair)
6. Comb (wide toothed)
7. Bowl (to create henna paste)
9. Vaseline petroleum jelly
10. Blow dryer
Time required: 15 minutes
1. Prepare yourself by wearing an old T-shirt or cover your shoulder well with a towel to avoid spoiling of clothes while henna is being applied on your hair.
2. Wear plastic gloves to avoid stain on your hands.
3. Apply Vaseline around ears and forehead to avoid coloring on these areas with henna.
4. Pour henna powder in the bowl depending upon your hair length.
5. Add water to it and start mixing it well.
6. Mix it till the time it becomes a thick paste.
7. Add a few teaspoons of lemon juice to it.
8. Cover it with the plastic and leave it for half an hour, it will help in getting the desired result.
9. Now you are all set to apply the paste on your hair.
10. Part your hair and start applying henna on one section of your hair.
11. First apply the paste on the bottom part of your hair and proceed slowly upwards with the brush.
12. You have to cover your entire scalp in this process.
13. Donât leave a dry spot anywhere on your head.
14. You can comb your hair after applying henna to insure proper distribution of henna over the entire scalp.
15. When you are satisfied that your scalp is covered well with the henna paste, cover it with a shower cap to keep it warm and from spoiling your clothes.
16. Leave it for 2 to 3 hours to settle the dye on your hair well.
17. You can also apply henna on your hair at night and wash it off in the morning.
18. Wash off henna with lukewarm water with shampoo.
19. Wash off your hair properly until water runs clear.
20. Wipe your hair gently with a towel.
21. Blow dry them if necessary and now your hair is well set to shine.
1. You can apply henna at night and wash it off in the morning for best results.
2. Avoid using hot water to rinse hair.
3. You can use henna as a conditioner also.
4. Adding beetroot juice to the henna powder will provide reddish color to your hair.
5. You can apply henna twice a month to get perfectly textured hair.