Every women is concerned about her hair. They want to make their hair look good, shiny and healthy. A number of hair products are available today in market like shampoos, conditioner, hair styling gels, hair color, hair straightening chemicals etc. Excessive use of these products can cause hair to lose moisture. It can also have other adverse effects like they can become unhealthy, brittle and can lose shine.
Brittle hairs or split ends can ruin the look of hair. There is no particular way or product which can heal the split ends permanently. They can only be prevented. A number of hair products which claims to get rid of split ends permanently are available but they all are fake. Avoid using such products. If a good care is taken split ends can be prevented to a certain extent. There is no need to go through expensive methods or salons to get rid from them.
Some of the methods which can help to prevent split ends are –
1. The best way to get rid of split ends is to cut them. Split ends can spoil your hair can make your hair lose the sheen and luster. Hence, it is always better to take steps before you lose your beautiful hair. Therefore get a hair cut or hair trim in 5-6 weeks. To get rid of all split ends get hair trim of about 1/4 – 1 inches.
2. Never comb your hair when they are wet. Let the hair dry naturally and then comb. In case you are in hurry and want to use hair dryer then set its temperature to low. Try to keep it far from scalp as much as possible. Heat can make your scalp and hair dry.
3. Use a wide tooth comb to comb hair. This helps to remove tangles easily and also reduce pressure on hair and they break less. This prevents hair fall and split ends. Comb your hair 5-6 times in a day. This improves blood circulation.
4. This is a myth that when you have hair fall you should not oil your hair. Massage your hair with coconut or olive oil once in a week. This improves blood circulation and make hair shiny, silky and healthy. This can be done one hour before shampoo or at night before sleeping.
5. Use a mild shampoo and conditioner. Generally two types of conditioner are available today in market – Wash off and leave on conditioners. Wash off conditioners should be washed away after keeping it for 1-2 minutes while leave on conditioners can be left on hair. They need not to be washed. Hair serum can also be used. They are cheap and good way to make hair shiny and silky whenever you want.
6. Try to cover hair with a scarf while going out in sun. Number of hair sunscreen lotions are available in market. They can be applied when stepping out in sun. This helps to prevent hair from UV rays which are very harmful for hair.
7. Take a proper diet. Include green vegetables, pulses, dairy products, nuts and fruits in your diet. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water in a day. This helps to remove toxins from body.
8. Go for hair spa at a good salon once in a month. They helps to make hair look good. Hair spa can also be done at home. Massage hair with oil in circular motion and cover the hair with a towel which is dipped in warm water. This helps the scalp to absorb oil. Use a mild shampoo and rinse off. Apply deep conditioner and take a steam or cover hair with a warm towel. After rinsing, hair mask can be applied. For hair mask mix egg, olive oil, essential oils and heena. Keep this mask for at least half to one hour. Wash hair and apply hair serum. This improves blood circulation and make hair healthy, shiny and also prevent split ends.
9. Avoid use of hair products like hair gel, hair colors. Heena can be used to color hair naturally. Mix heena, egg, tea water, amla powder and apply on hair. Keep it for 3-4 hours and then wash away.