Beauty lies in the beholder. While we agree, we also consider a very simple fact. Your smile is an amazing enhancer of your beauty. To have a nice and graceful smile is half the battle won. But have you ever considered facial exercises for improving smile? Most of you surely haven’t. But just as the body needs exercises so does your face. In fact in terms of effectiveness of facial exercises, its effects are similar to a facelift procedure or a toning procedure to enhance elasticity. A perfect smile doesn’t come easy so let’s learn how.
Exercises involving the smile
When we talk about exercises we must consider a basic biological fact that the face is made up of muscles which can be and need to be worked to be kept in shape. The smile itself can be a good exercise to reduce laugh lines and have a pretty and expressive smile. To start off this exercise, get hold of a mirror. Stand or sit in front of it as it suits you and maintain your lips and face as relaxed as can be. Then perform the following exercises:
- For the first step you need to maintain your lips together and while doing so you need to perform a lateral stretching of your mouth.
- Let the edges of your teeth be exposed by further expansion of the lateral stretch and by parting your lips.
- Now for the third step you need to further stretch beyond what you did in step two. Now let half your teeth be exposed. Main this position for ten seconds.
- After this display your widest grin, to the best of your abilities. Make sure all your teeth are on display and again maintain this position for ten seconds.
- Once you are done with the entire process, repeat steps three two and one in order and reverse your extended smile slowly.
- The above exercises can also be done differently by using your index finger in manipulating the smile differently.
Removal of unwanted facial lines
The lines on your face often act as the villain while making you appear aged. While the lines are caused due to several reasons we will tell you how to get rid of them. The fish pose practiced in yoga helps specifically in this domain. The areas around the mouth often develop these aging lines and this exercise if performed the right way will lead to substantial reduction in those lines. Time to look younger and have a perfect smile.
- Suck in your cheeks and roll the lips out. Simply this puckering pose can be a great help in what you want to achieve.
- Now while you are practicing this pose, try to smile.(during puckering)
- After a while the face muscles will let you know that they have been worked. Continue being in this pose till you feel the pain.
- A point to be noted while performing this exercise is that it can be performed the one time in a day only. Otherwise you simply risk straining of your face muscles.
The Silly Rabbit pose
This exercise is a great facial exercise for improving smile if the toning of cheek muscles is a priority. This can be performed just as well in the presence or absence of a mirror. In fact we recommend that if you are someone easily amused by a funny face, avoid having a mirror for this particular exercise. Now perform the following steps.
- Do not open your lips and yet put out a smile as widely as possible.
- Just as a rabbit does, you need to wiggle the nose. While performing this exercise you will notice that the cheek muscles will be involved in the smiling process while smiling with your mouth closed.
- Now all you need to do is to maintain the position for about 5 seconds.
- The entire process can be repeated for around ten times for the best results.
- The face lift
Who does not crave for a youthful appearance? Since you all do, know the muscle which is the most responsible for having the youthful appearance. The muscle is called the quadratus labli superior. The better you can develop this muscle the better your chances are that you will evade sagging. So wait no longer. Follow the given steps and the quadratus labli superioris will reduce laugh lines.
- Open your mouth very slightly and relax the upper lip for this exercise. Now while flaring your nostril you need to force a wrinkled nose pose.
- Now simply pull the upper lip up and maintain the pose for about ten seconds. Once completed with the task, let go of the pose very slowly.
- This entire can be repeated by you for 10 times for best results.
Practicing the lion pose
This is an exercise that would activate all your facial muscles and will help you to reduce laugh lines.
- To begin performing this exercise, drop your jaws and let the mouth be opened very wide.
- Now with your tongue out, try pushing in a downward direction towards the chin using as much force as you can muster.
- The entire process is to be continued with a constant breathing and a lion like sound emanating from your throat. This can be repeated five times every day.
- Some other methods that will act as good facial exercise for improving smile
- Smile at people on a regular basis. Make it a habit. Smile back at those smiling at you and smile at those who are not.
- Keep up with a regular practice of fake and real smile. Apart from teaching you to smile with your mouth closed, it also will give you a perspective how each one feels.
- Practice the habit of deep breathing while putting out a smile. This would ensure that not just your face muscle but some other body muscles are also put to work.
We can never stress enough on the importance of a smile, and so now that you will practice it more often why not do it right. Perform this set of facial exercises for improving smile and you will be the one whose smile becomes the focal point of your beauty features. Slay it with a smile then.