Severe dandruff causes scalp irritation. It is essential to use right shampoos and other remedies to get rid of dandruff. Home remedies are always preferable over chemical use. If you have been suffering from severe dandruff problems lately, refer to the following list of home remedies for treating severe dandruff
1. Apply Olive Oil
Research has shown that olive oil has remedial properties and is very effective for hair as well as for your skin. Thus, applying warm olive oil on your hair provides instant relief from dandruff. Apply warm olive oil to your locks, especially on the scalp. Massage the olive oil gently on your hair and scalp. Then take a towel and wet it with hot water. Rinse it and cover your head with this warm towel. It provides steam for your hair and is effective against dandruff. Leave the towel for at least 15 minutes. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Continue this therapy for a few weeks and see the result.
2. Apply Apple Juice
Apples are rich in anti-oxidants. Whereas eating an apple is always good for health, apples are also beneficial to remove dandruff from the scalp. To use this method you need to prepare the following potion: Take an apple and extract its juice. Mix 2 tbs of this juice with 2 tbs of warm water. Massage this mix on your hair and scalp, covering each strand. Leave this mixture on your head for at least 20 minutes and then wash it away with lukewarm water. Continue this method for at least 3 days a week and you hair will be free from dandruff.
3. Apply Almond Oil
Almond oil is supposed to be the best for your hair and skin. It has been found that many severe hair problems have been cured with the help of almond oil. Applying pure almond oil works wonders. Gently apply this oil on your hair and scalp, massaging each strand. Then cover your head with a warm towel or towel dipped and rinsed in warm water Keep your head covered for about 15 minutes and make sure the towel doesn’t become cold. Then wash your head with a mild shampoo. Continue this for a few weeks and you will immediately see positive results.
4. Baking Soda remedies for treating severe dandruff
Baking Soda is not only used for baking purpose but even for many remedial purposes. To remove dandruff with the help of baking soda you just have to follow these simple steps: Wash your hair first as you always do. After drying your hair apply baking soda to your locks. Leave this on for at least 2 minutes and then rinse your head with tepid water. Use this method at least twice a week and it will help to get rid of your dandruff problem.
Ayurvedic treatment/home remedies for treating severe dandruff
Don’t you just hate it when dandruff covers your head and shoulders? Are you tired of trying out various treatments, which do not amount to any good? In that case, this article is going to a very helpful for you as it will bring forward some homemade as well as ayurvedic remedies that will help you get rid of the dandruff in no time.
Home remedies for treating severe dandruff:
- Take a mixture of Almond oil and Olive oil and massage your scalp with it for around five minutes. Wash your hair after thirty minutes to minimize dandruff.
- Take some fenugreek or methi seeds and allow it to soak in water overnight. The next morning, make a paste out of the soaked seeds and apply it on the scalp. Leave this paste on your scalp for a few hours and then wash it off with ritha or shikakai.
- Yogurt helps get rid of dandruff better than most things! Take a cup of curd and blend it properly with two teaspoons of black pepper powder. Apply this mixture on those areas of your scalp, which are the most affected by dandruff. Leave the paste on for about an hour before washing it off with a mild shampoo.
- Regular massage of the scalp with olive oil will guarantee you dandruff free hair since olive oil is the best natural moisturizer and one of the most recommended home remedies for the treatment of dandruff. All you have to do is to heat some olive oil to a lukewarm temperature and massage your scalp with it before going to bed so that it can work its magic throughout the night.
Ayurvedic remedies for treating severe dandruff:
- Ayurvedic oil that is made up of coconut oil, neem and kapoor helps fight dandruff largely as it has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- You also have the option of Ayurvedic hair tonic powder which has henna, bringaraj, sweet flag, behada, hirda, magic nut, mandor and so on is a good anti dandruff agent as it makes the hair healthy and gives it the power to fight dandruff.
- Buying Ayurvedic shampoos, which are made from ritha, shikakai and neem, will also help you cure dandruff.
- For fighting dandruff, it is advisable to apply Ayurvedic conditioners that contain fenugreek seeds, orange and lemon extracts after washing your hair with the Ayurvedic shampoo.
The various home remedies and Ayurvedic treatments that are known to cure dandruff are better than any other treatments since they are completely natural and do not have any side effect.
Here are some other ways to fight dandruff the naturally
With the advent of the winter season, dandruff can be a menace most of us have to face. Can we opt for natural remedies this time, instead of opting for harsh chemicals to fight dandruff?
Fight dandruff the natural way
Yogurt is the easiest way to get rid of pesky dandruff and perhaps one of the most effortless. Wash and rinse your hair and apply fresh yogurt onto your scalp. Keep it on for 10-15 minutes and let it sink in well. Rinse afterwards with a healthy mix of thyme , nettle , sage and vinegar. When you finally wash your hair, use as little shampoo as possible.
Surprising as it may sound, aspirin is a good and natural way to get rid of dandruff from your hair. Simply crush two tablets of aspirin between a napkin or a cloth with a spoon or a pan. Add it to the amount of shampoo you would be using in a small bowl or container. Your shampoo can be the regular one you use everyday. Allow the mix to sit on your hair and settle on the roots and scalp for sometime and then rinse off.
Apple cider vinegar
Vinegar works great for the fungus that causes dandruff. When you mix equal quantities of apple cider vinegar and water and then use it to rinse off your hair after regular shampooing, you will find that it works effectively on dandruff. There might be the strong smell of vinegar on your hair whilst you wash it, however, do not worry for it disappears when your hair is dry. Repeat this process for about a week for effective results.
To rid your hair of dandruff, use a mixture of cedarwood, cypress and juniper and massage onto your scalp. For the oil to have full effects, keep it on for at least an hour and then wash it off. You can also add the mixture of oils to warm water and then use it for washing your hair.
Using baking soda instead of your shampoo on your hair will cause the scalp to produce natural oils which will in turn moisturize your scalp and keep it healthy and thus dandruff-free. Apply a spoon on your wet hair , keep it on for about a minute and then rinse off.As with the rest of the methods, keep repeating the procedure for sometime, at least two weeks to get desired results.