People tend to throw the term ‘repeat outfit offender’ around like it’s a bad thing! We think totally differently, and think repeating your outfit choices is nothing to be ashamed of if you ensure you’re doing it correctly. There’s not many of us out there who have the luxury of owning an unlimited number of outfit options, and even professional fashion stylists such as Style With Cindy agree that sometimes we have to work with what we’ve got. After all, even A-list celebrities and the likes of Kate Middleton have been known to repeat their favourite ensembles from time to time.
So if you’re looking for a fool-proof guide on how to repeat your outfit choices like an absolute boss, take note of our useful tips listed below.
- Avoid wearing the same fashion ensemble in the same friendship or social circles. If you love a look that much that you can’t resist repeating it head-to-toe, it’s best that you repeat the outfit around a different group of people.
- Experiment the way in which you style your favourite pieces. For example, you have fallen head over heels with a statement blazer style jacket which you wore with plain black jeans and a simple tee. The next time you reach for the jacket, ensure you switch up the styling and try mixing the blazer with completely new clothing combinations. This is truly outfit repeating like a boss!
- Take advantage of how accessories can completely change an overall look. If you’re a serial outfit repeater then you may already know the power of accessories. Simply changing a statement necklace to a printed scarf can make an old outfit look current and new. Accessories are especially important when you’re attempting to repeat items such as a dress or coat. Considering different types of shoes, bags, hats and even simple sunnies can make a huge difference to the feel of any outfit, so start experimenting.
- Take into consideration that plain staple items can be worn more than statement pieces. A pattern or bright colour can be more memorable and therefore harder to repeat.
- Keep a record of what you have worn recently in order to ensure you’re not repeating certain items too often. A simple yet effective way of doing so is by clever wardrobe organisation. Simply hang the items you wore most recently on one side of your wardrobe and then choose future outfits from the clothes hanging on the opposite side.
- Forget to change up the way you style your hair and apply your makeup. These finer details can have a huge impact on how your repeated outfits look and feel. For example, a simple black dress once worn with relaxed hair could look completely different if worn with a chic up-do and a statement red lip.
- Be afraid of repeating the same clothing for different types of occasions. Many of the clothing we own will be versatile enough to be worn for a huge range of occasions. All it takes is a little imagination.
- Forget to invest in staple items. Essential pieces such as plain tee’s, jeans and blouses make outfit repeating so much easier. If you feel like your wardrobe has too many statement items that are hard to repeat then it’s definitely a good idea to spend some time looking for staple items that will dramatically increase your wardrobes potential.
The truth is there’s nothing wrong with knowing what works and sticking with it. It would be a very sad situation if all that time and money you spend on buying your clothing was wasted on wearing each item only a handful of times.
Article Submitted By Community Writer