As much as it is essential to be fit, it is also important that you should be careful when you are working out. No doubt, proper exercises give you a better and healthy life but what good is it if you do are not careful. A lot of times, we overlook small factors, which can cause a lot of damage. If you are hitting the gym, there are a few tips to keep in mind for a better skin care regime.
Skin care is not just about following a healthy lifestyle, eating the right foods or even using various products to help your skin. Working out does have its own benefits for the skin, however, there are certain things that you should keep in mind to ensure that you get the maximum benefit of your skin care regime.
A healthy regime is where you keep in mind even smallest factors, which can make a major difference in the overall approach you use to take care of your skin. While working out, the pre and post workout care along with some other factors can make an overall contribution on your skin care routine. Let us have a look at a few things you can follow to take care of your skin.
Pre-Workout tips for skin care
- Before you work out, remove any make up that you have on. You can either wash your face or use a makeup remover. Another good idea would be to use makeup removal wipes. This is important as when you are working out you sweat a lot and with make up on, you are only giving way for your pores to clog easily.
- Make sure that you have a face wash in your gym bag at all times. Along with that, also ensure that you keep a separate towel or cloth to wipe your face before you hit the gym. It is always advisable to first use a make-up remover to take out the excess make up and then to wash the rest off.
- If you are one of those who have a habit of outdoor fitness workouts, then ensure that you use a sunscreen to protect your skin during the day.
Tips for skincare during your work out
- When you are working out on the equipments, it is always advisable to clean them before you use any equipment. Carry antibacterial solution or antibacterial wipes, or even keep a separate cloth to wipe the equipments
- Make it a practice to disinfect the equipments before and after you finish using them to prevent the spread of infection or bacteria. Another good option would be to use anti bacterial wipes while working out.
- Avoid touching your skin with your hands directly, instead use a towel and make sure you change it every day or use a clean towel whenever you go to the gym.
- Make sure you hydrate yourself by sipping on water after you are done with one set or exercises.
Skin care tips post workout
- As soon as you are done with your workout, it is advisable not to have a hot water shower. As much as it is relaxing, it can also damage your skin since you can lose the vital oils of your skin. This in turn can result in cracked and dry skin. Other skin problems can also include rashes and itchy skin.
- Instead of a hot water bath, you can consider a bath with Luke warm water and end it with a little cold water to close and tighten the pores of the skin. Another reason why it is beneficial to take a cold-water bath is that this can help in the reduction of skin inflammation, accelerate the metabolism and help in the stimulation of the immune system. Using a gentle cleanser is much better than just having a shower with soap.
- After you are done with your work out, make sure you put on fresh clothes, which are free from any trace of dried sweat.
- Avoid letting the sweat dry naturally, instead use a towel and pat yourself dry. Apart from that, after having a shower uses a moisturizer or toner to retain your skin’s natural properties.