There are many reasons for enlargement of pores. It can be caused due to reduction of elasticity in the aging skin. Thick and oily skin can also be a reason for prominent pores. Sunburns caused due to excessive exposure to the sun and other skin damages can result in enlarged pores on your skin too. There is no permanent solution to decrease the large pores. However, there are ways, which can help in reducing it temporarily. Home made face masks are an easy solution. Here is a simple step-by-step guide to make a face mask for tightening pores.
- 2 eggs
- All purpose flour
1. Whisk eggs
Break two eggs into a bowl and whisk them nicely. The eggs when applied on the face become thick after it dries and eventually tightens up the pores. Hence, eggs should form an essential ingredient of the facemask used for tightening the pores.
2. Mix the all-purpose flour
Sieve the all-purpose flour just to ensure the smoothness of the paste. Now add it slowly to the whisked eggs. Give a gentle whip to the flour while mixing it in the eggs. Make sure that the mixture has dissolved completely and is smooth enough to be applied on the face. Keep it aside for a while to thicken up.
3. Blend the cucumber into puree
Peel the cucumber and cut it into 1-inch squares. Now put it in a blender and process at medium pace. Blend until the cucumber is smooth and pureed.
4. Blend the egg, flour, and cucumber together
Now mix the egg and flour mixture to the cucumber puree in the blender and blend until all the ingredients have combined. The paste should be smooth and easy to spread.
5. Applying the mixture
Use the mixture immediately after processing it. Apply it on your face and leave it like that for 10 minutes. Rinse and wash with warm water after the suggested time. Wash off all the particles of the mask very carefully to avoid wrinkles. Dispose the leftover mask material after you are done. It is not meant for reuse. You should always make a fresh pack for the best results.
Frequently asked questions
1. Question. What are the function of the ingredients used in the mask pack?
Answer. Egg is used for tightening the skin and cucumber is mixed to provide quick refreshing effect. Flour absorbs the excess oil in your skin, which is one of the reasons for large pores.
2. Question. Can the pack be stored for reuse if made in plenty?
Answer. Although you can refrigerate and use the pack again, it is advisable not to do so. This home made mask gives best results when made fresh and applied immediately after preparation. It is a quick process and you can prepare the mixture side by side while working in the kitchen.
1. If you do not have a blender, you can mash the cucumber by hand and then whisk it together with the egg and flour mixture. This process takes longer time to prepare the mixture, but is equally effective.
2. You should apply the face-tightening mask once a day.
Things to watch out for
1. After you have washed the mask from your face, apply an astringent toner to keep it effective for longer period.