Nails are an essential part of your body and are prone to get damaged easily. Even a small injury can harm your nails. Just like the other body parts, they too need care and maintenance. Your healthy living style can be largely determined from your nails. Clear and shinning nails are attractive. You can get them with a little maintenance and care.
Nail strengthener can help in getting long and healthy nails. If you wish to enjoy the beauty and brightness in nails, nail strengthener can be a reliable tool. There are many such products in the market. But largely, the harmful effects of chemicals in these products come uninvited. It is encouraging to make your own nail strengthener, which can promote healthy nails. Nails can easily become dry and brittle. Using your own nail strengthener can be both harmless and economical.
Complexity level: Easy
Time required: Few minutes
Resources required :
1. 2 tsp. Salt
2. 2 tsp. Castor oil
3. 1 tsp. Wheat germ oil
4. Bowl for mixing
5. Bottle (or container)for storing the mix
6. Napkin or towel (optional)
1. Prepare your work place: You will be working with oils. Keep a napkin or towel handy to clean your work area and avoid messing.
2. Get the ingredients: Get the raw materials for preparing the strengthener. Take 1 tsp. of wheat germ oil and 2 tsp. of castor oil. You will also need 2 tsp. of table salt.
3. Prepare the mix: Mix the oils with salt in a bowl. Ensure that you blend them though roughly. Take an adequate quantity bottle to store this preparation. A transparent bottle would enable you keep track of the quantity, before consuming all.
4. Apply the mix: Apply the mix to your nails. Leave for 5 to 10 minutes before wiping off. You can this mix on regular basis.
Frequently asked questions
How does fluoride help to strengthen the nail?
Calcium is an integral component of nails. When formaldehyde combines with the calcium in nails, it forms a very hard protective surface. However, excessive formaldehyde in nail strengthener should be avoided. Prolonged use of formaldehyde-based strengtheners may cause nails to become brittle and break.
How do I choose the best natural nail strengthener?
A natural nail strengthener which contains baby oil and olive oil is good. When choosing your natural nail strengthener, be careful as the ingredients underlying the product may not necessarily be natural. Rather, they are meant to work on top of natural nails.
You may use the natural hand lotion also. It can keep your nails protected. The next time you massage your body, remember to include the nails also.
1. You can put all the ingredients in the storage container instead of using the bowl. Shake well to mix the contents properly.
2. A coat of oil or lotion before placing your hands inside water protects the nails.
3. Rub petroleum jelly on your nails and then buff them, to get the natural sheen.
Things to watch out for
- Prevent any soaking of nails, especially for long duration.
- Never use any kind of soap or detergent when soaking. This can be potentially damaging