You must have enjoyed the refreshing taste of a mint leaf in the form of a chewing gum or an ice cream. But, with the growing popularity of mint in the beauty care industry, it is now possible to experience the same refreshing and rejuvenating feel from head to toe. From shampoos to foot care products, the sensual, cool feel of mint is available in every possible package and for every pocket. However, the appeal of mint is not just in its aroma, but also in its versatility as a skin and hair care solution.
Read on to discover the amazing avatars in which this commonplace herb is gracing store shelves today.
1. If you wish to feel minty fresh and squeaky clean all over without compromising on softness of your skin, then step into the shower, with the Rosemary and Mint soap by Aveda, available on aveda.com (Price: INR 688).The bathing bar acts as a scrub as well and the peppermint in it polishes the skin ensuring that dry skin is out of the question.
2. For continued minty moisturization, you may want to follow up your shower by dabbing on some `Avalon Peppermint Hand and Body lotion’ by the Whole Foods brand (Price: INR 589), this lotion is laden with the soothing properties of mint and aloe vera and is a great choice if you wish to pamper your skin that is feeling especially dry. To make the most of all the minty goodness, apply the lotion generously on your damp skin.
3. Mint derivatives such as menthe are a staple in anti dandruff shampoos and the `Mint Cleanse Anti Dandruff Shampoo’ (INR 245) by Garnier Fructis, ensures that you get rid of dandruff flakes without product residue on scalp or your hair losing its natural moisture.
4. Besides combating dandruff, now mint can rescue you from bad hair days as well. Just spray `Organix Hydrating Tea tree Mint Leave In Moisture Mist’ (available at Walmart for INR 345), to add immediate bounce and softness to your troubled tresses.
5. The Bath and Body Works range brings us a lip balm that not only softens lips, but also doubles as a breath freshener. The C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Tints is available in `Bare Mint’ and `Plum mint’ variations (INR 393). Irrespective of the variety chosen, the peppermint extracts in the product promises a minty shortcut to glossy lips that smell irresistible as well.
6. Hands and feet donât have to feel left out in this mint love fest. Indulge your foot fetish with the soothing properties of organic mint in `Earth Therapeutics Tea Tree Oil Cooling Foot Scrub’ (by earththerapeutics.com; INR 393) that cures aching feet and scrubs away flaky and dead skin. Say goodbye to tired feet and hello to velvety soft heels.
7. Jurlique Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer (sephora.com; INR 738) uses antiseptic properties of mint to give you germ free hands without drying your palms. The plus point is the minty aroma, as compared to the unappealing smell of most sanitizers available in the market today. Now that is what we call hygiene with a high!
This is just a small peek into the endless range in which mint is available in stores. Any product with mint in it, promises an instant boost to the senses every time we use it. However, it is not merely for its sensual aroma that mint is used. It is a very effective remedy for many skin and hair care problems as well, which explains its popularity as an ingredient in these products. Mint contains salicylic acid, which soothes irritated and inflamed skin and heals it. The acid also helps in removing dead skin. Mint contains vitamin A as well, which works wonders for skin: making it more youthful. Mint also has antiseptic and astringent properties. It helps reduce oiliness in skin and scalp and thus treats both pimples and dandruff. Therefore, it works as a cleanser, toner, nourish er and rejuvenates the skin, hair and body. No wonder the beauty market is minting it as an all round beauty fix it. Take your pick of favorite minty product and use it for refreshingly real results.