If you plan to spice up your hair in order to make your look more striking and appealing, itâs essential to consider a color that would go best with your skin tone and texture. You should opt for a color that would enhance your skin complexion, instead of making it boring and dull. The color that enhances the skin tone of a celebrity or your buddy may not look great on you, because of different skin complexion and texture. Here we share 6 tips to select hair color according to your skin tone to jazz up your overall appearance.
1. When it comes to color your hair, it becomes necessary to determine your skin tone. To know this, place a piece of silver or gold jewelry against your skin. Observe which jewelry appears most vivid or bright against your complexion. This exercise determines your complexion whether itâs a warmer or cooler one.
2. If your skin tone appears brighter against the gold jewelry, your complexion is characterized as a warm one. This means that hair colors with the base of red, orange, gold and yellow will suit you the best.
3. For the women who observe silver as the brightest one against their skin, they should opt for cooler hues, such as colors with the base of green, blue, violet and neutral colors.
4. Women with warm complexion should stay away from hair colors with ash in order to avoid looking pale and discolored. They should also avoid brassy blondes. It makes them look harsh and rigid. Tones, such as, violet, blue, white and jet black make them appear washed out. Hues that work best with warm tones are light honey blondes, golden blondes, ginger, orange based or carroty tones, dark and rusty browns, cherry or medium strawberry.
5. Cooler skin tones should stay steer clear of hair colors with too much shade of yellow in it, or else the hair will start to merge with skin tone. Also, it is advised to stay away from red, bronze and golden based colors. They should select gentle colors, such as, light sandy or ashy blondes, cool dark browns, greenish or bluish blacks. Also, the tones based on eggplant, wine, burgundy, coffee goes best the women with cooler complexion.
6. Women who are naturally a light blonde should not suddenly dye their hair with darker tones, as it can look slightly strange and abnormal. Same goes for women with lightening hair. The trick is to choose a color few shades darker or lighter than your natural shade. This will give your appearance the most classic and natural appeal.
With above mentioned easy tips, you can enliven your whole look within few steps. So, get ready to follow the tips and add a spark to your appearance.