Every body loves to be pampered sitting in a parlor. There are many options to stop your money from draining away in that direction. You can also ensure the quality of ingredients used in the item that is going to be applied on your body when you are preparing them at home.
Here are DIY salon treatments which you can try at home.
1. Body scrub
1. You can either use salt or sugar for this body scrub. Sugar makes a gentle scrub and it is better for sensitive skin type. While selecting sugar or salt make sure that it contains small granules to avoid wear and tear on your skin. To make the base of the scrub select an oil. Your choice can be anything between extra virgin coconut oil, baby oil, vegetable or almond oil.
2. Mix two parts of sugar or salt to one part of oil in a bowl. Stir it with a spoon. You can mix essential oils in case you want your scrub to be aromatic. Mix it in the bowl and stir it well.
3. You can use loofah mitts or your hands for applying the scrub. Apply the scrub while bathing to avoid mess. Pour one spoon of the scrub in your palm and rub it first in between your palms. Make sure you do this carefully so that the mixture does not drip side ways. Now apply the mixture all over the body. After applying the scrub well on whole body, rinse thoroughly. Pat dry your skin after you have washed down the scrub properly.
2. Foot spa
1. Remove the old nail polish applied from your toenails. You should always use an acetone free remover to ensure the natural shine of your nails. Acetone is very hard and harmful as it dries your nail. You should select a nail remover, which contains vitamin E and essential oils for safety of your cuticles and nails.
2. If your nails are short and do not grow much, then clipping them is a better idea. If your nails are long, then you can file them to give a desired and trendy shape. While filing the nails be alert about the angles you are taking to shape them. Now pull out the dirt sticking to the edges of the nails quickly.
3. Mix one part of sugar or salt in two parts of oil. Rub the mixture in a circular motion scrubbing your foot. Rinse off the scrub after you are done.
4. You can select any foot moisturizer with vitamin E, alpha hydroxy acid and oil contents in it. Special attention should be given to the heels because they need more relaxation after the hard work they do. Massage your tired toes by pressing them with your fingertips for fifteen minutes.
3. Face mask for tightening pores
1. Whip two eggs nicely.
2. Sieve the all-purpose flour just to ensure the smoothness of the paste. Now add it slowly to the whisked eggs. Give a gentle whip to the flour while mixing it in the eggs.
3. Add half cup of chopped cucumber and blend until pureed. Now mix the egg and flour mixture to the cucumber puree in the blender. The paste so formed should be easy to apply.
4. Apply the mixture and let it to set for 10 min. Rinse and wash with warm water after the suggested time.
4. Hair spa
1. Blend 100 grams of yogurt.
2. Lightly mix one egg and put it in the blender.
3. Add one banana to the blender and process for 10 seconds. Banana is an excellent solution if your scalp is dry.
4. Put one tablespoon of fresh lemon juice in the mixture.
5. Apply it evenly all over the hair after shampooing. Wash the hair pack after twenty minutes.