Whether you are bowled over by those breathtaking celebrities and their beautifully interwoven occasional braids or just musing over perking up your glam quotient, getting hands on a wrap-around French braid is not amongst those sweaty chores. Although the unique hairstyle takes a little bit of practice, getting that perfect look with an add-on of a neatly entwined braid has just got simpler. Here, we are providing you with step by step instructions on how to perform a wrap around French braid for your occasion. Not only will the hairdo gulp down your minimal time, but will also ensure that you look just absolutely perfect and feminine in almost any complementing attire.
Complexity level: Moderate
Time required: 15â30 minutes
Estimated cost: Not applicable
- Hair elastic
- Bobby pins
1. Foremost, take about 2â section of hair â beginning with on either side of your hair part. Do the partition into three separate pieces, with each grasped tight between the fingers.
2. Pull the very top hair section over the middle section of your hair. After which, simply pull the bottom section of hair over whatâs now the middle division â exactly the way a traditional braid is fabricated. However, ensure that you are braiding the hair towards the back of your head.
3. Now take another section of hair thatâs smaller and take it closest to the top hair section. Combine the stated two hair sections as the top section is pulled over the middle one. Do the same process (repeat) with the bottom section of your hair â however, slot in another small segment as you pull it above the middle segment.
4. This way, carry on braiding around the entire head â filling in hair segments with each step. You can seamlessly set the braid low, in close proximity to the back of your neck or high on your crown. Nevertheless, ascertain that you are using all the hair at the nape of the neck.
5. Bring your hairdo to the end by going on to braid down and over your shoulder. But you need to keep into mind that as you cross towards the opposite side of your head, adding hair sections towards the bottom one will be a bit hard to do so. Also, to put in another top layer as you are about to finish making the braid, you might fall short of hair. In such cases, finish the hairstyle neatly by simply creating a traditional braid.
6. Lastly, make the bottom of your braid safe and sound by using a hair elastic.
Frequently asked questions
1. What else can I do to endow my French braid with a neater look?
Ans. Ascertain that while dividing and adding hair layers over each other, your hair are neatly done. Also, if you want a neater and more professional look, you can simply add a large flower or some clip over the hair elastic to hide it.
2. Does only using the hair elastic secure the braid?
Ans. Using hair elastic does secure the braidâs bottom. However, you can use some bobby pins between the elastic and get a stronger hold.
You may find freshly washed hair a bit too slippery or not so comfortable to work with. Simply focus on making it firmer by creating the grip. For this, you can skip on a shampoo or just work some texture cream into the hair â before starting the whole wrap-around braiding.