Pimples are a nightmare during adolescence for most of the people and often continue into adulthood! Social embarrassment and lack of self-esteem are concomitant of an ugly looking face!
Hence, remedy for pimples is of utmost importance. There are so many medications that have been tried and tested, they include antibiotics, hormonal treatments, oral and tropical retinoids etc to get rid of these nasty tiny bumps on your face. Apart from these, expensive procedures like photo-therapy and laser treatments have also made foray into the pimple removal business. Despite being promising, all these medications are not fool-proof and also cut a deep hole into your pockets! Beside the forbidding cost, side effects involved cannot be ignored either!
Of late, home remedies and medicines that make use of fruits, vegetables and herbs are a commonplace. Considering the pleasure they give in being able to cure yourself makes them nature’s blessing!
Here are a few home remedies for pimples that can be tried by everyone:
1. Mix rose water and fresh lemon juice in equal quantities and apply it on the affected area for about half an hour and then wash it gently with cold water. Pat dry. Following this procedure on a regular basis for about three to four weeks has shown to be of great help.
2. Application of lemon juice in combination with an equal quantity of groundnut oil on the affected area also cures pimples to a large extent. Similarly, applying a paste made out of lemon juice with sandalwood powder reduces pimples as well.
3. Honey has been found to work wonders for skin. Applying a mixture of three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon overnight over the affected area for a minimum of two weeks provides promising results.
4. Apple due to its cooling sensation helps mitigate pimples. Hence, a facial mask consisting of grated apples and honey serves as an effective treatment.
5. Application of juices and pulp extracted from fresh fruits, vegetables and leaves of specific plants assist in reducing pimples and the scars left by a pimple. For instance, regular application of ripe tomato pulp or cucumber pulp on face for an hour is very effective in attaining clear skin. Also, application of raw papaya juice on a regular basis is a very popular home cure for pimples. In addition, freshly extracted mint juice helps curing pimples easily and efficaciously.
6. Make a thick paste out of ground nutmeg and a little raw milk. Apply the paste and keep it on for one to two hours before washing. This curative not only reduces pimples but also diminishes scars.
7. A fine paste of crushed margosa (neem) leaves and turmeric when applied on pimples and left on for an hour before washing, assists in curing pimples along with effective removal of scars.
8. A paste made out of roasted and powdered peel of pomegranate fruit with fresh lime juice, provides relief from pimples and acne when applied on the affected area regularly.
9. Fenugreek leaves are known to help in complete reduction of pimples. Take some fresh fenugreek leaves and crush them properly to make a paste. Apply this paste on the affected areas and leave it overnight. Wash it off in the morning with tepid water. It is very effective in helping people with dry skin.
10. Basil leaves’ medicinal qualities are resorted to as well in curing acne. Two to three teaspoons of dried basil leaves are boiled for about 15-20 minutes in a cup of water and cooled. The cooled mixture is then applied on affected area. Using it on a regular basis aids in treating pimples.
11. Since the primary cause of pimples is bacterial infections, certain anti-bacterial and anti inflammatory gels and oils are of great help in dealing with the same. Tea tree oil and aloe vera gel are among the common anti-bacterial natural products used to treat pimples. Also, marigold and wheatgerm oils are equally effective in treating pimples.
12. Excess oil from the skin leads to accruing of pimples. Hence, a mixture made of fuller’s earth and water or rose water is of immense help, as fuller’s earth helps in absorbing the oil permeating from skin.
Remedies apart, maintaining a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables, and including a variety of grains and seeds in your daily regime is necessary. Diet rich in zinc and vitamin A helps immensely in keeping pimples at bay. Consumption of adequate quantity of water everyday and on an empty stomach early in the morning is beneficial in avoiding pimples. Moreover, refraining from gorging with junk foods, fried foods is essential in combating pimples.
Riddance from irritating pimples with the help of ingredients available in the kitchen, sounds good! All this at no or negligible cost, purity, without side effects and oodles of TLC (Tender, love, care). That’s win-win!