Whoever scribbled âmakeup does wonderâ gets it right, considering the manner it can entirely revamp the way one looks. From rendering a natural pink tone to your cheeks to helping you accentuate your gorgeous eyes, applying makeup the right way is all you need to look your best. And, putting emo makeup is not only acceptable for both men and women, but is a quick route to creating instant moodiness while emphasizing bold and highlighted features. So here, we are providing you with the necessary instructions on how to apply emo makeup without going really loud and looking exhausted or sick.
Complexity level: Easy
Time required: 15 minutes â 30 minutes
Estimated cost: $20 – $30
5. Eye Shadow
1. Purchase an eyeliner that can glide on really smoothly. For beginners, liquid eyeliner can work great, alongside a good set of brushes. Eye paint, on the other hand, is usually found in tubes, goes on creamy and adopts a dry look to provide a powdery finish.
2. Itâs always nice to experiment with colors. Though most emo people prefer black eyeliner, you can try out dark blues, reds or even browns.
3. After deciding on the shade to be used, line the bottom lash. Start lining up your bottom lash from the inside corner. Using pencils, hold the eyeliner at an angle of 90-degree for a very thin line. If you want a thicker line, you can simply apply the eyeliner at a flatter angle.
4. Apply eyeliner on the eyelid now, whilst keeping it close to the lash and ending towards the rounded corner. For men, a softer line should be applied and the top lid should be skipped. This helps in avoiding the formation of a ring around the eyes.
5. Allow the eyeliner to dry up before using the eye shadow. Doing this prevents creating smudgy eyes.
6. After the accentuation of eyes, head towards applying the foundation that matches your skin tone. For your lips, go for a light lip balm or light lip gloss.
Frequently asked questions
1. How should I highlight my eyes while maintaining a soft look?
A. For a complete emo look, girls should opt for bright shadow, in hues of turquoise, pink and red, all the way up to their eyebrows. You can also experiment with contrasting colors for a softer look.
2. With an emo look, what kind of focus should be there on the lips?
A. While having an emo look, keep your lips just simple. Applying some light lip gloss or pale lipstick would be great. You can also try a bit darker shades if it complements your skin tones.
3. Will applying thick makeup on eyes make the skin dry or irritable?
A. Generally, applying makeup doesnât affect the skin. However, it should be avoided from everyday eye makeup. Also, while using the products ensure that they are made of high quality. You can also go for good quality products and stay from any possible skin affect. At the same time, ensure that you use some cleanser or plain water to take your eye makeup off. Stay away from rubbing your eyes with some cloth and turning it red.
Men are advised to keep their makeup subtle. They can apply more natural eye shadows and lipsticks pale in color.
While applying the foundation, ensure it doesnât go too loud and look more of gothic.
Take care of clumps as you apply any black mascara. Both emo men and women do wear mascara for a complete look.
To choose colors for your skin tone, pay a visit to some makeup store and get advice from there. You can take their help and go for a color that best suits your skin tone. The salespeople can also guide you regarding how to apply the makeup in a right manner.
If you are really fair skinned, then avoid opting for black eyeshadow all alone. Not only does that give you a sick look, but also incomplete the whole emo look. Instead of that, you can go for the shade you really like – be it sparkly or iridescent. Layer it on top then and it will smoothly change the color. You will be amazed to discover that the little layer can enhance your overall look and add color to your face.