Side swept bangs are a hot trend. Basically the style indicates hair cut in the front and then swept to the side. It is a versatile cut that suits almost all face shapes and adds a flirty touch to your look. There are a few variations in side swept bangs and the choice of the variation will dictate the look you want to pull off. No matter if the day’s agenda is school or a night out, this style will never look out of place. Read on to find out in steps as how to get gorgeous side swept bangs at home and wear them your way!
Complexity Level : Moderate
Time required : 20- 35 min
Estimated cost : Depends upon your choice of products
Resources required: Blow dryer, curl enhancing serum, hair spray.
1. Smoothen your hair. If your hair are wavy, apply liberal amounts of hydrating cream or spray evenly throughout your hair. Best results are achieved if you apply on damp hair. Choose a product that works best for your hair and you will come to know which is the best only through trial and error!
2. You should have a blow dryer ready. Before you blow dry your hair you can apply a curl enhancing serum or spray to your hair for bouncy, distinct curls. Take care not to apply it on your hair crown. Invest in a good hair dryer with a diffuser. A normal hair dryer void of a diffuser is more prone to making your hair frizzy and puffy. Now blow dry your hair with the diffuser and scrunch your hair gently as you do it. You can also make an addition of a curl enhancing spray if you happen to feel that your hair waves do not have enough definition.
3. Once your hair are dry, use a paddle brush to brush your bangs straight and then to the side. If your bangs do not lie straight without any heat application, it is desirable that you blow dry them too. While doing so, hold the blow dryer and point if below. i.e the bangs should be styled by a downward flow of air. You need them all straight or mostly so. Not twisted at the end like the old times. Hold your bangs in lace with a small bobby in and then use a hair spray if your hair is prone to loosing its shape quickly. This way you can preserve the style longer and not worry about it.
You can also use a straightener if you have one without using a blow dryer. Before using a straighter use a heat protection serum. You can use it before any heat application device that you use like blow dryers, straighteners, curling irons etc.
What kind of hair will give best results with side swept bangs?
Not normally recommended for curly hair unless you are prepared to style it often. Or in the other case if you have naturally straight or wavy hair and your bangs fall in place then it is convenient.
Does having side swept bangs require regular styling?
If you are not ready to style your hair often then it is better to opt for a different style. Or you should have naturally straight hair.
1. You can style your bangs alone and leave the rest of your hair.
2. A straightener alone can do the whole job if you are in a hurry.