The early rains bring in a lot of dust that is present in the atmosphere. This in-turn also results in the splashing of the dry dirt or sand present on earth. When we are exposed to such kind of atmosphere, there are chances that we can develop eye allergies and skin dryness. We have compiled a list of effective and natural remedies and tips to prevent skin dryness during the monsoons.
Face and neck tips to prevent skin dryness during the monsoons
The face can often feel dry during the rains. Well, here is one face pack you can use during the monsoons. This will help to reduce the dryness, leaving your skin healthy and glowing:
- Strawberries -2
- Blueberries – 5
- Banana – 1” piece
- Honey – 1tblsp
- Mash everything with a fork until it forms a paste
- Apply on face and neck and leave for 15 minutes
- Wash with plain water
Follow this procedure twice a week for best results.
Hand skin care tips during the monsoons
To make your hands feeling soft during the rains, follow this simple regime:
- Lemon juice – 1lemon
- A tub of lukewarm water
- A towel
In a tub of water, squeeze lemon juice, dip hands in it for 3-5 minutes and rub your hands while they are still dipped in water. Remove hands from the water and pat dry.
Homemade scrubber for your hands
Scrubbing your hands is one of the essential rainy season skin care tips. By scrubbing your hands, you can take care of dead cells and dry skin. This will leave your skin feeling soft as well. For this, all you need to do is:
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and honey. Apply the mixture on your hands and scrub for 3-5 minutes on each hand.
- Soak hands in lukewarm water and pat dry.
Moisturizing your hands
To moisturize your hands during the rainy season, take a few drops of olive oil on the palms and gently massage your hands. Follow this at least two times a week.
Hair care monsoon beauty tips
During the monsoons, your hair starts getting dry and you may experience hair fall. This romantic weather does take a toll on your hair. The reasons why your hair becomes brittle and lifeless during the monsoons include:
- High humidity levels
- Presence of environmental pollutants in rainwater
These and various other factors cause fungal infection on the scalp; which in turn results in hair fall and weakened roots. Here are a few monsoon beauty tipsfor your hair:
- To keep your scalp clean, wash your hair regularly with a good and mild shampoo. This will help to keep your scalp clean during the rainy season and prevent fungal infection. Here are a few tips to prevent hair and skin dryness during the monsoons.
- Drink plenty of water as it helps to wash the toxins from the body; the trick here is that you should drink filtered or distilled water. This is because filtered or distilled water does not contain chlorine and other such pollutants.
- Oiling your hair regularly will help to smoothen the frizziness and make your hair more manageable. Do this at least twice in a week. This is one of the skin care tips during the monsoons for your scalp that you can use during any season.
- Another way to incorporate monsoon beauty tips is by eating the right diet. Eat sprouts everyday along with fresh fruits, leafy veggies, raw salads, and whole grains. Sprouts are rich in nutrients like iron, potassium, vitamin E, and fiber. These nutrients help to prevent hair loss and make your hair look lustrous and full of life.
- Aloe Vera gel is one of the best all-natural hair care for any season. It is also one of the easiest tips to prevent skin dryness during the monsoons. This helps to prevent hair fall, spilt ends and dandruff. By massaging the gel into your scalp helps to reduce hair bacteria and restores the PH balance, promotes hair growth, reliefs itchy scalp, eliminates dandruff, and various other benefits.
Tips to prevent skin dryness during the monsoons for the feet
- During rains, avoid wearing footwear made out of cloth or leather. It is advisable not to wear flip-flops during the rains; instead opt for waterproof footwear.
- To keep your feet clean during rainy season, dip them in a tub of lukewarm water. Do not forget to add a few drops of Dettol or any other antiseptic liquid as well.
- Use a foot scrub brush and scrub your feet properly. Do not forget to scrub under the nails, as that is where most of the dirt is accumulated. This is one of the best rainy season skin care tipsto prevent fungal infection of the feet.
- For women on the go, keep a pack of anti-bacterial wipes in your bag. If you are looking for the quick monsoon beauty tips for busy women, you will gain a lot from this one. The anti-bacterial wipes will keep your feet clean throughout the day.
- It is advisable to trip/cut your nails during the rainy season. This will prevent the accumulation of dirt under the nails during the rains.
- Use an anti-fungal powder between the toes and on the heels of your feet. This will keep your feet dry during the rains and prevents infections as well as skin itchiness due to dryness caused by wet feet.
- Damp footwear is a breeding ground for bacteria and fungus. It is advisable to wash your footwear as soon as you go home and leave it to dry. This will help to remove the mud deposits on your shoes and helps to prevent bacterial infection.
- Every night before you sleep, wash your feet and pat dry. Then take moisturizer or oil and massage your feet. This will help to take out all the dead skin and prevent it from After massaging, wipe off the excess lotion from your feet. This way you can prevent the dampness feeling that comes along with it.
Eye care tips to prevent infection and allergies during the rains
Prevention is better than cure. Until you see a doctor, you really do not know what kind of medication you would need. In this section, you will get a few tips to prevent your eye allergies during the monsoons.
- Avoid going to areas where there is too much of dust as much as possible. It is also advisable to avoid going to areas where there is a lot of greenery like the park.
- Do not keep on touching your eyes with your hands; this is because the hands carry a lot of germs and infections, which can also cause eye allergies. Wash your eyes regularly during the rains, this helps to keep your eyes clean.
- Cold compression with the help of a spoon will also help to keep your eyes clean. For this, all you have to do is keep the spoon in the fridge for a while. Then, place the small shallow bowl or the front side of the spoon on your eyes. Amongst the various monsoon beauty tips, this one will help to reduce the puffiness and dark circles under the eyes.