The shape of your face is very important when you are settling for a haircut. It is always advisable to have a haircut which compliments the shape of your face. If you determine the shape of your face before you go in for a haircut, you will be able to camouflage a lot of flaws.
There are four basic face shapes which are considered; oval, triangle, round and square. Sometimes you may have a combination of two shapes and a few of you can actually have the classic original shape. The best way to decide on a haircut and other styling is by having an insight into the shape of your face. Read on to know about some tips to determine your face shape for your haircut
Quick tips to determine face shape
1. Sit in front of the mirror and pull your entire hair away from your face. You can use a headband to do this. After you have done this, closely scrutinize your face.
2. Take a bar of soap and make an outline of your face on the mirror. Remember to keep still while you are doing this.
3. Once you have done this, go back and take a look at the shape you have drawn on the mirror.
4. Now you can perfectly determine the shape of your face by relating it to the four shapes- square, round, oval and triangle.
5. Once you are sure about the shape, start deciding on a haircut which will suit your face the best.
Hairstyles according to face shape
If you have a square shaped face, you are sure to have corners at your jaws and forehead. The effect will be quite boxy. It can also be rectangular in shape and that means it is only longer or narrower than the typical box shaped square face. You need to have curved lines at the edges to disguise the pointed angles. A curved fringe and soft curls to cover the jaws will give you the perfect look. If you have a narrow rectangular shape, add volume to your hair and your face will appear wider.
It is the ideal shape as it is completely balanced. It is not very wide or long and you can actually get any haircut if you have this shape. You are at liberty to flaunt any hairstyle of your choice unless you have other factors to consider.
A triangular face can be of two kinds. One can have a wide forehead with an angular chin or a wide jawline with a pointed forehead. This can be dealt with by giving volume to areas which are narrow and cutting down volume in areas which are wide. Curly fringes with straight hair can work well for such face types.
It is the most common face shape and can be natural or the result of weight gain. Long layered styles will suit round faces the most and lend it an oval illusion.