Not everyone has the time or opportunity to have that naturally tanned body by lying under the sun. In that case, bronzer is perhaps your best bet for that sun kissed glow and that too very quickly and easily. Also, application of bronzer powder is much safer in comparison to the natural tan as long time exposure to sun rays can be damaging. With right tools and correct techniques, even you can apply bronzer by your own. Besides giving you that sun kissed glow, bronzer also gives you a more toned appearance. All you need to do is to follow the simple steps given below.
Complexity level: Moderate
- Bronzer (powder)
- Bronzer brush
- Pink blush
- Blush brush
1. Select the proper bronzer and brush
Selecting the bronzer of proper shades is of utmost importance, otherwise the whole purpose will be defeated. The key is to select a bronzer which is just few shades darker than the natural complexion of your skin. Another thing that you need to keep in your mind is that orange tinted bronzers work well for brunettes while pink tinted bronzers better suit blondes, so, choose your bronzer wisely.
Next, you have to select the proper size brush, you can’t just apply bronzer with any ordinary brush. Make sure that the brush which you are going to use is large, soft and has round ends because such brushes works best and avoid blotchy finish.
2. Apply a base on your face
Before applying bronzer, you have to make sure that there are no traces of oil and moisture on your face because they can make the bronzer look unnatural. You can get rid of the moisture and oil on your face by applying a base, translucent powder on your face, this absorbs all the oil present on your face.
3. Apply the bronzer on the face
Make sure that the bronzer is evenly coated on the brush, for this swirl your brush in the bronzing powder and then tap of the excess powder from it.
The bronzer is applied on the nose, forehead and tops of the cheeks because these are the areas of the face that are usually get tanned by the sun. Apply the bronzer on these portions of the face using the brush. Beginning from the forehead work down the bronzer to the nose followed by cheeks using sweeping motions with the brush. For a personalized shade, start applying bronzer lightly and build the color gradually.
4. Blend with sponge or cotton pad if required
Once you have applied bronzer on your face, then you need to check the application in day or natural lighting. This is done in order to make sure that the bronzer does not appears to be too heavy. If the bronzer appears on your face, then you need to blend the texture. You can do this with the help of sponge or cotton pad.
Frequently asked question:
Q. How can I use bronzer stick?
A. The step by step procedure for using bronzer stick is given below:
- The bronzer stick emerges from the tube once you turn the dial at the base of the stick in the counterclockwise direction after removing the cap. You can avoid smudging the bronzer on your fingers by holding only the bottom of the stick.
- Apply gentle two inch strokes on the areas where the sun naturally hist your face like forehead and cheeks, on your chin, apply a single dot. If you want stronger coloring then you can apply more later.
- Using a tissue, rub the bronzer into your skin, use circular motions of your fingers to do so. some of the color may come off on the tissue while doing so, however, you don’t have to worry because still there will be sufficient color on your face.
- Wash your hands and then replace the cap on the tube. The makeup can spread to your clothing and other objects, so its better to avoid touching your face.
- Pick a sheer bronzer with a beige undertone for light complexions.
- Golden or brown based bronzer will do good for darker complexions.
Things to watch out for:
Although bronzer gives you a sun kissed style, avoid overdoing it because too much bronzer will give you a dirty, fake look.