Having smooth, soft and pink lips is a natural boon, which can really enhance our beauty. Over time and as our age progresses, just as our skin starts fading out, similarly even the pinkness of our lips start to reduce. Problems like pigmentation, chapped and dry lips start becoming very noticeable. In some cases, even the color of our lips change. Well, if you are looking for natural ways to restore the pinkness of your lips as well as to make them soft, then these are a few DIY tips you can do at home. They are not only natural; however, they are also very effective as you will see the immediate results.
Using a toothbrush and lip balm
A once in a week remedy, this will help to exfoliate the lips by removing the layers of dead cells. While you are massaging, you need to ensure that you do not scrub very hard or for a long time. With this home remedy, you can take care of even problems like skin pigmentation on the lips.
- This home remedy is very simple, all you have to do is take your lip balm and apply a thick layer of it on the lips. Leave the lip balm for sometime so that the skin can exfoliate and easily absorb the moisture.
- The next step would be to circularly massage the lips using a toothbrush.
- Once you have done the massage, you then need to wipe the lip balm off by taking some warm water and dipping a cloth in it. Just in case if you feel that even after the therapy your lips are dry, then you can apply a very thin layer of the lip balm and leave it.
Sugar and Olive oil scrub
For moistening your lips naturally as well as taking care of the dead skin and cells on the lips, the sugar and olive oil scrub is a perfect combination. It is also a perfect cure for chapped lips during the winters. You can do this scrub every alternate day especially during the nights for better results. For this remedy you need to
- Take a bowl and add a few drops of olive oil and a pinch of sugar. Make sure that this mixture is made fresh for better results.
- Once you have made the mixture, you can then slowly and gently massage your lips with this mixture for a minute and then wash it off.
- To give that special touch to your lips, you can also use a lip balm to give the added moisture and care.
Fresh Raw Milk and rose petals
If you were looking for a way to get soft baby lips, then this lip pack would be perfect for you. This easy to make lip pack will not only restore the moisture balance but also ensure that your skin is moisturized. For this pack, you would need a bowl of milk and a few rose petals
- The first thing you need to do is to make a mixture out of the rose petals and milk, however, before doing that make sure you soak the petals for a while in the milk before you make the paste.
- Once you have made the paste, apply the mixture on your lips for a maximum of 5 minutes and a minimum of 3 minutes.
- Wash the pack off with warm water and then gently wipe your lips dry. To add to the beauty of your lips, you can use a moisturizer or a lip balm.
Rose water and Coriander
There are many reasons why a person’s lips may darken. One of them is due to smoking; well there is a remedy to take out the dark skin color of your lips. For those looking for a perfect way to lighten dark lips and make them shiny and smooth, rose water and coriander pack is a perfect choice. It’s another easy to make remedy, all you have to do is
- Make a smooth paste by taking a few drops of rose water and some fresh coriander leaves.
- Apply this paste for around 5 minutes on your lips and rinse it with lukewarm water.
- For better results, you can do this remedy twice in a week.