Looking good has become a prerequisite for both men and women today in order to do well both at personal and professional front. Women have always taken god care of their looks but now men have also become conscious of their looks and are making efforts towards grooming themselves. While features, body size and shape, complexion etc are some assets which are determined by the genes you inherit from our parents and you canât do much about that (and there is no need also, that is your basic identity and you should take pride in them) but you can certainly work for maintaining the assets bestowed upon your by your parents. When you are well groomed, people take notice of you and you feel confident and reassured about your personality and presentation. Here, we present you 10 quick tips to groom yourself well. These tips are not expensive and go a long way in leaving a good impression about you on others.
1. Shaving: Shaving is one of the most basic things in the process of male grooming. Though, those who keep their beard long also have their own charisma but if you have unkempt hair then it is best to shave off your facial hair and look well groomed with clean shaven face.
2. Manicured nails: Manicured nail is one of the most attractive things when it comes to hygiene. Well manicured nails with a proper shape look very attractive and you also feel confident when you extend your hand to others for work, signature or any other chore. You can ask your mother or sister to help you out in this regard. They will happily do it for you and can explain you the process also. You can do it for yourself on weekends.
3. Anti aging cream for your face and neck: This is one of the most important ingredients if you want to maintain a healthy, wrinkle free skin for a long time. Though wrinkles are inevitable and eventually they will appear but an anti-aging cream delays their appearance and also stops pigments and age spots to appear on your face. There are many products specifically designed for males that are available and you can choose any one cream for yourself.
4. Scrub for a clean face: Scrubs are very important if you want to maintain a clean, zit free skin with a healthy glow. Buy any good quality scrub and use it once in a week regularly. It will help you keep away dead skin and will also ward off black heads and white heads from your face like nose, cheeks, etc. Do not overdo with the scrub, just scrub your face lightly with it and then wash it off. Remember the key is not scrubbing vigorously but being regular with your scrub.
5. Teeth whitening: Bright pearly teeth are certainly a confidence boosting asset. You can also get bright teeth if you take care of your teeth on a regular basis. The best and cheapest way is to brush your teeth twice in a day with whitening toothpaste in the right manner. This will not only ensure white teeth on a regular basis, it will also ensure dental hygiene. Stained yellow teeth are a real turn-off hence try to maintain your oral health by brushing your teeth and using a dental floss on a regular basis.
6. Mouth wash: A fresh breath is a real asset for a man, more so, when you are going for an interview, date or a party. For this, a mouth wash comes quite handy since mouth wash reached those areas of your mouth which your brush cannot reach and also leaves behind a great fragrance. Use a mouthwash for that lasting impression.
7. Hair oil: Well nourished hair has its own charisma and it looks attractively good on a masculine face. For achieving that effect, use good hair oil on weekly basis. Get a massage done for yourself or alternatively do it yourself and then wash off your hair after an hour or so. Oils condition hair well and increase the blood circulation in the scalp. After shampooing your hair, you will feel the difference yourself.
8. Hair shampoo: Use a good quality shampoo on your hair and the one which is meant for your hair type. If you have dry hair, go for some good quality shampoo with conditioner otherwise use the shampoo as per your hair type. Apply shampoo only on your scalp and not on ends of the hair.
9. Deodorants: A bad odor emitting from your armpits is a real put-off. If you have a tendency to perspire a lot, then it is very important to use a good deodorant, otherwise also during hot summer months you can use a deo and can impress your colleagues and friends with that light fragrance.
10. Clothing: Last but not the least, right clothing is very important in making the right impression. Always wear well fitted clothes in those colors which complement your complexion and which befit the occasion. Your clothes need not be expensive, but they must be well ironed and well stitched. Any tears or holes will only make you look like a nerd. So, better take care of your clothes well in advance before you step out and mend them yourself or get them mended proactively. That way, your wardrobe will always be up to date and you will appear as ‘Mr. Right’ wherever you go.
The bottom line of looking good is to maintain a hygienic and regular life style and use good quality products by trusted brands.